.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Humor, entertainment, reviews, jokes, games, hobbies, and things to keep you occupied for hours. Much more to come soon!


CrispAds Blog Ads

9/12/2005

People are Entertaining


There are times when all I have to do is watch people to get my entertainment. People just do weird things, or maybe it's just weird to me.

I heard of a guy who collected the subscription cards from the insides of magazines. He'd put them in a paper bag and when the bag filled, he'd throw them away. He wondered if this seemed odd to others.... heck yeah, but still funny.

My uncle had to work out of town on a project for a week, and had to share a room with his partner for the project. They wound up being really busy and having to eat every meal at the nearby restaurant. The partner ordered the same meal every time they went there.... 15 times in a row!

I've went to a mall before just to people watch. I enjoy seeing the older couple there
where you know the gentleman doesn't really want to be there, but is being dragged along for the day. You can tell by the expression on his face that he'd rather just be at home. Watching the time, and looking for something to occupy his interest.

People running are funny too. They are at so many different levels, yet I still give them credit for going out there. You have the ones that are out there for the first time (and maybe last) with brand new jogging outfits and sparkling new shoes. Maybe even the headband to complete the package. Keep those knees high!

My Grandma was adorable when she was alive. She'd nod and agree with what I was saying, even if she couldn't hear me. She'd do that for other people as well. Obviously she had trouble hearing, but she wouldn't ever ask for you to repeat it, she'd just agree. I thought it was cute, but if I was sure she would disagree I'd speak up and repeat it.

Another entertaining scene that I giggle at sometimes is people walking their dogs. You have the person yanking their dog along as the dog wants to sniff every spot within a 10 foot radius. Then you have the people being towed behind the bigger dogs, in a race to reach the freshest scent. Then of course there's the plastic baggy for cleaning up after the dog does the duty. I wouldn't say that's too entertaining, but just the fact that they'll do it.

And of course there's a lot more, but those are some things that I enjoy seeing...

People sure can be entertaining...

5 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

I can't do much walking ... so I do a lot of sitting when we are out and my favorite activity is to 'people watch'!

Great article ... and I loved reading it!

BA~~36

12:51 AM

 
Blogger Patty said...

Loved the article. I to love to watch people. It's fun to sit in a shopping Mall and watch and listen.

I can remember when I was small, they didn't have shopping malls, my Grandparents would drive to a town close by, where the stores remained open until 9:00 pm on a Saturday night. Grandpa would get out and walk around. But Grandma and I set in the car, at the time I thought it was so boring. Now I find I love to do that also. I guess it comes with age.

10:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work at a restaurant that my family owns. The restaurant opened in 1949 and we still have some of the same customers that started coming when it opened! Quite a few of them order the exact same thing everytime they come to eat - - and a huge handful of them eat at the restaurant 6 days a week. There is one customer who order the same dish 6 days a week . . . and we have been offering the dish since 1949. It's true . . . some people are really strange.

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Mesmur said...

Interesting... thanks for sharing your stories. I'd like to hear more.

3:46 PM

 
Anonymous Jade B said...

Thanks for this blogg post

5:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home