.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Humor, entertainment, reviews, jokes, games, hobbies, and things to keep you occupied for hours. Much more to come soon!


CrispAds Blog Ads

7/21/2005

When God passed out brains, they thought he said chains, so they said "no thanks"

Remind you of anyone? I know, I know... we all go through phases here and there where we do dumb things. But I know I'm not like that all the time.

Here's some stories I found that let us know how dumb people can really be:

During a daily Biology class, we were discussing how DNA is made by taking enzymes from eaten food and using the enzymes to build the DNA. ANYWAY, my teacher said "Now, when I eat the carrot, the enzymes from the carrot help to build strands of DNA." And this girl in the front row asks without a hitch "So then is DNA made of carrots?"

I work in a convenience store. A while ago, a woman came in, grabbed a bottle of soda and a candy bar, and came up to the counter. "That'll be $1.65," I told her. She looked at me kind of strangely for a moment, then picked up the soda and asked, "How much is this?" "A dollar," I said. Then she picked up the candy bar. "And how much is this?" she asked.

I have a friend we will call him Maki. I told everyone at the lunch table at school that I aced my social studies test. He said "Did you get an A on it?"

I had just gotten my debit-card. I hadn't had a chance to sign it yet and I went into the store. The girl, seeing that it wasn't signed, gave me her pen and asked if I would sign the card. I did. So she proceeds with the purchase, hands me the receipt to sign and then takes the card holds it up next to the receipt and compares the signatures

My old roommate had a burned out turn indicator. After telling him about it, he asked, "Do you think it needs more blinker fluid?"

I was at sleep away camp and there was a really bad storm. Eventually we lost power and most of my friends went scrambling for our flashlights. My best friend at camp (sadly), shouted, "Oh no! Since we don't have electricity our flashlights won't work!" It took awhile, but we managed to explain to her that flashlights run on batteries. I'm still not sure she gets it, but someday she'll understand.

Once my aunt had a terrible headache so she took an aspirin and soon felt better. Later that day she was looking for a button that had fallen off her blouse. She didn't find the button but she found an aspirin in her pocket!

- - - - - - - -

If you have any to share, I'd like to hear them. OH MY!!




10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a friend who was book smart, but otherwise...

She had taken on a waitress job, and was told the specials and sides. So when someone orders an entreƩ, she said, "Ok. And with that you can have a Super Salad." The customers asked what exactly a "Super Salad" was, and she replied, "I guess a really big salad.".

It was more than a month later that she learned she was to offer a Soup OR a Salad.

That's my Super Salad story, and the only thing I could think of.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed those. And thanks for stopping by and linking me too! I'd be happy to add you to my blogroll.

1:23 AM

 
Blogger Mesmur said...

That's funny, haha!

Good one, thanks for sharing, and for adding me.

1:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first job out of college was working for the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. I worked for a center there that, among other things, provides funding to primate research centers around the country. One day, one of my coworkers was explaining to the woman who had been newly appointed the head of our office about a particularly interesting study being conducted at one of the primate research centers and the new boss lady asked, "Oh, is that the one with the dogs?"

Needless to say, boss lady wasn't one of the sharpest pencils in the cup.

10:06 AM

 
Blogger Wildefrost said...

I was skiing with a few friends in Stowe, Vermont, when one of them turned to me and asked, "Lauren, what town is Stowe in?"

I answered, "Um, Stowe"

12:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, reading this is like listening to Alanis do Ironic.

It hurt my brain. Perhaps you should add "That one time I blogged about stupid people and came across as some intolerant asshole" to your list of stupid people stories?

Just a suggestion.

12:58 PM

 
Blogger Mesmur said...

I never said stupid people, I said dumb things... even admitting to having my moments.

I'm surprised at your comment, to be honest, mainly because it doesn't make any sense.

And how does posting this make me intolerant?

1:25 PM

 
Blogger Mesmur said...

You do realize sagien that I didn't write any of these?

I found these on the net and shared them.

1:27 PM

 
Blogger Pigs said...

Those are hilarious!

5:58 PM

 
Blogger Jackie Bolen said...

People are dumb-asses, always, always keep this in mind and your little world will be a happier place :)

12:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While driving down the street a friend and I noticed some work going on at a local service station. There was a bulldozer digging up the parking lot. They were replacing the old and decaying gas tanks. My friend looked at me and asked what they were doing. I replied "They are replacing the gas tanks." I thought it was a simple answer to a simple question. Needless to say I learned later that she thought that was how they REFILLED the tanks. She assumed that they actually had to dig out the old ones and put in new ones everytime they went empty.

She also thought that the "You've got mail" voice in AOL was actually a guy who would call through the computer each time you got mail and tell you. We had to explain digital recordings to her.

2:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home